Are you on autopilot? Are you letting your thoughts run wild and free? How well has that served you so far? Here are 3 steps to success!
Yes, I know, you’ve heard it before. Control your thoughts, control your thoughts. God! Leave me alone with my thoughts. That’s our problem. We don’t pay attention. If we let them run free, it will probably go in a direction that is not serving us or helping us. You do know that the life you have today is the result of your thoughts, your internal dialogue and your actions for the past few weeks and months. If you want to change anything, start with your thoughts and your internal dialogue.
Now, what does this have to do with autosuggestion, you ask? According to Napoleon Hill; “…autosuggestion is a term which applies to all suggestions and all self-administered stimuli which reach one’s mind through the five senses. …It is self-suggestion.” Today we would refer to it as affirmation. So how do we use affirmation and thoughts to help you reach your goals?
1.First you set up a goal (or burning desire)
a. It has to be clearly stated;
b. What are you willing to do or give up to reach that goal?
c. When are you going to reach that goal? Set a clear date.
d. Set up a well defined and clear plan (SMART)
e. Write a clear statement.
f. Say your affirmation, with emotions twice a day OUT LOUD.
2. Have undeniable faith that you will achieve that goal. When your faith is failing, find ways to re-kindle it. See my last blog: http://helpheretoday.com/faith/
3. Use affirmations and monitor your thoughts and internal dialogue. If it is not geared towards your goals, change it.
Imagine for a moment that all your being is focused on reaching that one goal. 100% of your energy that is not used for daily activities is dedicated to it. Add to that using your conscious mind AND subconscious mind. Often we sabotage ourselves because we try and try to reach a goal very mechanically. We go through the actions on our plan and we get discouraged when we don’t see progress as quickly as we’d hoped. That is because of 2 things. First you don’t use your conscious or sub-conscious mind to rekindle your desire and faith with emotions, and second; you focus only on the goal instead of the journey.
LITTLE CHANGES THAT WILL TAKE YOU FAR
1. Be in the now. No sense worrying about the past or the future.
2. While you are waiting in line, instead of getting frustrated or using your phone, use that time to visualize yourself achieving your goals, feel it.
3. When you feel that you have failed at something, instead of beating yourself up, say something positive. For example, you did not do too well while doing a presentation in front of your colleagues, first list what you did well, then put a couple of points that you WANT or CHOOSE to work on, in order to improve.
4. Change your words. Say; I choose, I want, I will, I welcome, I am.
5. Change your questions:
a. What can I do to improve this?
b. What did I learn from this?
c. What am I missing or avoiding?
d. What am I assuming?
e. What do I want?
f. What do I feel?
g. What are my choices?
h. What can I learn from this?
i. How can I turn this in to a Win-Win?
j. What’s possible?
k. How do I want to feel?
Setting up your autosuggestions or affirmations towards the achievement of your goal will help you in using your thoughts so that everything is aligned. ADD FEELING. Doing it mechanically will achieve nothing. And stay in action. This is not wishful thinking while you sit in front of the TV hoping for things to happen.
Have fun and enjoy the journey.